Come celebrate the 2014 Lenten Season at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church! We invite you to our parish the 1st Sunday in Lent, (Sunday) March 9 at 10:00 a.m., when we will feature St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Choir’s very own Alvy Powell.
- In his work with the U.S. Army Chorus, he first came to national prominence singing “The Star Spangled Banner” at the inauguration of the President George Herbert Bush, and he was the featured performer for the 60th wedding anniversary of George and Barbara Bush at the White House .
- President Gerald Ford’s family requested that he sing at the funeral of President Ford.
- His oratorio repertoire includes Handel’s Messiah, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Mendelssohn’s Elijah, Rossini’s Stabat Mater and Brahm’s Requiem.
Lenten Schedule 2014
March 4 Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner, 6:30 p.m.
March 5 Ash Wednesday, (7:00 a.m. – Ashes to Go), 12:00 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
March 12 Healing Service, 6:30 p.m.
March 16 Annual Meeting, 10:30 a.m.
March 19 Mayoral Debate, 6:30 p.m.
March 26 Healing Service, 6:30 p.m.
March 30 Parish Stewardship Presentation, 9:00 a.m.
April 2 Healing Service, 6:30 p.m.
April 9 Healing Service, 6:30 p.m.
April 12 Parish Leadership Retreat, 10:00 a.m.
April 13 Palm Sunday, 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
April 17 Maundy Thursday, 6:00 p.m.
- Men’s Play “The Living Last Supper” / followed by Men’s Cook-Off
Good Friday, 12:00 p.m.
- Stations of the Cross, 12:00 p.m.
- Good Friday Liturgy, 1:00 p.m.
- Seven Last Words of Christ, 2:00 p.m.
April 20 Easter Service, 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.