THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH WOMEN (ECW)
Ruby VanCroft , President
Until 1958 the women’s auxiliary prompted women’s work in the Episcopal Church. The women of St. Lukes have been a part of this organization since early in this century. In 1958 at the request of the National Board of the Women’s Auxiliary, the auxiliary status and the name “Woman’s Auxiliary” were automatically eliminated. To emphasize the inconclusive character of the women’s work in a Parish, the Triennial meeting recommended Episcopal churchwomen. This organization supports the church’s program of worship, study, service and fellowship. Their services have been extended out into the community, nation and the world.
For more information, please contact the church office at 202-667-4394.