The purpose of the Parish Council is to:
- Coordinate, in consent with the Vestry and Rector, the programs and the functions of the Guilds and Organizations;
- Encourage and deepen the spiritual life of members of the Guilds and Organizations;
- Provide an opportunity for Guilds and Organizations to execute programs individually and/or collectively for maximum effectiveness;
- Encourage and support social fellowship environments for the congregation;
- Maintain a calendar of activities sponsored by guilds and organization.
The Parish Council coordinates the Coffee Hours for the Feast Days. Those Feast Days are Palm Sunday, Easter, Pentecost, St. Luke’s Day and Alexander Crummell Day. Other activities sponsored by the Parish Council are the annual Church picnic and Graduates recognition.